Monday, October 24, 2011

More Baby Shoes!

I confess I'm addicted.  I'll go even a step further to say that I'm not even about to enter rehab or even want to change my crafting addiction.  Because let's be honest I'm not hurting anyone by it, not even myself or the bank account.  Yes, I am addicted to making baby shoes.  In fact, I need to make MY baby some shoes, then maybe myself :)

Had another baby shower this weekend which was for a sweet baby girl to come (any day now).  She is gonna be loved very much by her Momma, Daddy & older brother not to mention family and friends.  She is also going to be totally stylin' with some new shoes.  In fact I've made her shoes already (see here). So without further ado the pics...




Instead of velcro I opted to sew on a plastic snap.  I highly doubt that it'll ever get used as they'll most likely be slip on shoes but they are so darn cute!

The pattern is the Little London Loafer from the adorable Etsy shop Sweet Pea Patterns!  This is the third pattern I have of hers and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!  So easy, so perfectly perfect and they make the best baby shower gifts.

I made the 0-3 month size and instead of using the insert I made it like I would a reversible shoe but they aren't reversible.  Honestly I found the construction of this shoe to be entirely fascinating and am looking forward to making many more.

In other news I have had a crazy weekend.  I dropped my cell phone for the thousandth time but it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and the face SHATTERED!  Ugh!  Fortunately we have insurance and I just filed the claim.  Fingers crossed that I get it tomorrow!

Hope you all are ready for a fun week!
{{hugs}}
Buffy

So what is your favorite 'Awww, that's so cute' gift to make/give for babies?  Have I inspired you to make some shoes?  Never fear I'm still knitting away, maybe by the end of this week I'll have some photos to prove it!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute. I bet you can't wait to see them worn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I bet you cant wait to see them worn.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.