Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It Feels Good to be Thrifty

Well last Friday I woke up and my first thought was, I should go thrifting today.  I did try to talk myself out of it, but the idea had taken such deep root in my mind that not even liquid nitrogen could eradicate it...so I went thrifting, with four kids.  It. was. AWESOME.

I actually only went to one thrift store and found all my little recycling heart desired...and then some.  I found shoes for all the kids with me...two were like brand new, two were name brand...it was a great day.  There was a lot of craftilicious finds but I'll spare you all the deets and just show off the great fabric finds.

First I saw this amazing fabric...

The color is actually more red than pink but is a yummy satin and I'm dying to make something with it.  I paid $1.99 for the piece which measures 4 and 5/8 yards and is 58 inches wide. Score!

Next up is this pretty bit of fabric...

It is a lovely striped organza fabric of several different colors, some of which are sheer.  Elsa proclaimed this fabric as 'mine' when she saw it.  For $.99 how could I say no?  Plus there is 2 yards of it, perfect for adding a little color to a dress or skirt!

I saw this fabric and fell instantly in love...


In fact I loved it so much that Saturday night I made another MODify dress out of it to wear to church on Sunday.  The fabric was $.99 and there was just over 2 yards.  When was the last time you found the best dress ever for $.99?  That's what I thought.

The last bit of fabric that I found was this...

Yup, more organza.  It is so pretty and I love how the green and blue blend into each other.  It set me back $.99 for 2 yards...I know I'm a big spender.

I also picked up a duvet cover and matching pillow shams for a whopping $5.99.  It graces my bed already and I love it!

So what do you think?  Did I make out like a bandit?  I think so, $5 for over 10 yards of fabric is pretty amazing.  Have you been thrifting lately?  Scored some great deals?  I'd love to hear about them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.