Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Apple Butter

So I think it's time for another recipe.  What do you think?  Yeah, I figured as much it's been too long right?

Well never fear I have the bestest recipe that will not only have you in love with breakfast again but something you can give as a gift to a teacher, friend or special someone for the holidays.  Pumpkin Apple Butter!  This is such an easy recipe, simple ingredients and honestly easy to make.

What you're gonna need:
5 cups of Applesauce...I used unsweetened but if you only have sweetened go ahead and reduce the sugar from the recipe.
4 cups of Pumpkin Puree (I didn't use the canned stuff, but I think one of the big cans of pumpkin is about 4 cups)
2 cups of brown sugar (yes 2 whole cups)
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
Nutmeg and Cloves to taste
1 large Crock pot (yes, you can make it on the stovetop)

See easy list of ingredients.  Now all you have to do is dump them all into your crock pot...

Stir well.

Then turn on to the low setting and let it cook for about 8 hours.  I highly recommend stirring it once an hour just because all the sugar can get cooked to the sides of you bowl.  Let cool then refrigerate (I kept mine in the crock pot dish)  Once cooled you can transfer it to containers.  I being of high fashion and refinement put it in ziplock bags then stored them in the freezer :)  I imagine you could skip the cooling period if your intention was to can the Pumpkin Apple Butter, however I do not can food so I am no expert on that.

I did put a little bit in a jar for a friend...


It definitely looks prettier than my bags in the freezer, but tastes just the same.

Enjoy!
{{hugs}}
Buffy

See another tasty gluten free recipe to add to your repertoire!  I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I enjoy coming up with them.  Any suggestions for the next recipe?  Maybe Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.