Wednesday, September 14, 2011

MODify Goes Tunic



Well today's dress really isn't a dress, it's a tunic!  It was my intent to make this into a dress but I took a larger hem as this was actually the first MODify I made with woven fabric.  With any change in fabrics you learn a few things and I did with this one but really the fabric is so cute, and a girl needs tunics too!  Maybe I should make a dozen more just to have options between dresses and tunics?


Even though it is a tunic and I used the MODify pattern I call this my neener-neener dress.  Mostly because of the fabric.  Which is again fabric I got from my mom's stash.  I'm a real stash buster ;)  I thought the fabric was charming and fun as it is a swirl of turquoise blue and sea shells and star fish.  The color was perfect for my niece to use as a Christmas gift.  So I texted a picture to my sis to see if Emma would like it.


The reply I got was "It's not big kid enough."  I don't know about you, but for me a die hard crafter those are fighting words.  She says it's not big kid enough?  Well then I'll show her, I'll make myself something.  Which I did and I kid you not just about everyone I saw at church the first Sunday I wore it commented either on the dress or fabric in a very favorable way.  In fact I have more left over & I'm thinking of using it for a top.

Well, we're halfway through my new dresses.  I'm so excited to show you the rest.  Stay tuned!

{{hugs}}
Buffy

So what is the verdict?  Chic cute or kid cute?  How about the length?  Good as a tunic or better as a dress?  Let me know what you think, I've only got a dentist appointment and knitting left to do today so let's talk fashion!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.