Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm Alive!!!

Wow!  Really, the last time I posted was my birthday?  That was forever ago...okay so really only 11 days but still so much has happened in that time and I just can't believe how fast the summer is going.  I have a lot of planning left to do but in a few short days we'll be in full School prep mode... not to mention next week I want to start schooling with Lincoln.

Husband and I have decided to fully embrace the unschooling philosophy for homeschooling Lincoln this year.  Basically what we've decided is to forgo text books in favor of real life learning, the stuff that Lincoln is really going to need to know.   It may seem a cop out for us but really it isn't because truly there is no time limit on learning in this setting...all day is class time.  When Lincoln asks a question I'll help direct him to find the answer himself instead of just giving him the answer.  I imagine we'll have quite a few field trips and library trips as well.  We'll have more long term projects too.  I'm excited and hopefully Lincoln will prosper more this way as well.

However, it isn't all about schooling it's about clothes as well!  I'm really hoping to get some serious time with Greta in the next few weeks to make some lovely pants for my boys...with double thick knees ;)  Also I've got my KAL sweater to finish.  Just last night I finished the back...I even took pics with the new-to-me camera but still need to upload them...need find the right cable.  So hopefully I can get back into the swing of blogging this week and have some fun pics for you all!

Hope you're all enjoying the summer!

{{hugs}}
Buffy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.