Monday, July 18, 2011

Summertime Busyness!

This week is Vacation Bible School (VBS) at our church, which I must say is my absolute favorite week of the summer.  Now, some of you might be groaning at it but I'll tell you why it is my favorite.  I organize and set up the Hospitality Room, which is basically a place filled with yummy goodies for the workers.  I have coffee, fruits & veggies along with sugary confections.  It really is a joy for me.  First, because it reminds me of the lovely woman who did the hospitality room when I was helping in VBS as a Jr High and High School student.  Second, I love the opportunity it gives me to chat with a variety of people aging from 7th grade to retired grandparents.  Third, it gives me a chance to knit for a couple hours a day.

Today the subject matter ranged from childbirth to grace and forgiveness to behavioral therapy.  Really, the topics mentioned are quite vast and it all centers around a cup of coffee and some goodies and that all the workers are there to help children learn more about Jesus.  I love it!  Especially when I get that much needed baby break.

However, VBS is just the beginning of my crazy summer schedule so I thought I should leave you all a lovely note to let you know that I probably won't be posting nearly as much in the next few weeks.  We've just hit our summer moving and grooving and the next few weeks are exceptionally packed.

So if I don't post a lot please forgive me.  I promise to post when I get a moment or when I finish one of the 100 projects I have going on right now!

Happy Summer to you all!

{{hugs}}
Buffy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.