Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Finally Figured It Out!!!

Okay, so I may be just a little more than excited but I've been working hard at some fun behind the scenes affairs here on my little blog.  First off I have a logo!  Eeps!  I'm stoked about that.


See, we're kinda cheap around this house and while I'm still drooling over Photoshop software, the price tag makes me step back.  So thanks to Cheri over at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar and her awesome tutorial for using picnik to make printables, I was able to step it up and make it one on my own!  It really is easy, the only problem I had was choosing color and layout.  I know, tough stuff.

Though I was thinking if I have a logo now, I should really have a button too.  Right?  Right.  Well, I've tried to make buttons before but well, it was hard and I always do this stuff when Husband is gone or is in bed so I can't access his help with the HTML stuff.  So I went to bing and searched for how to make a button on blogger and found this awesome tutorial.  The only thing I did different was I kept my photo in Picasa.  I simply right clicked on my logo (one that I shrunk to an appropriate size for a button) when it was opened to full size in Picasa.  The little window that opened up gives you the option to 'Copy Image Location' I chose that then pasted it in a word document.  I then pooled all my HTML code for the button in a Word document and follow the directions in the tutorial.

I've put the button on my side bar but here it is too...

But wait there's more! I started a Facebook page too!  I think I might have gone a little overboard with with all the social media marketing stuff but I promise it won't change me and I definitely won't let the fan club status go to my head ;)  Haha!  I can be so funny at times.  Still if you're on facebook and you aren't on my friends list and have recieved the invite to 'like' me go on and like a way...I wish for my vanity and ego there was a love button...but then there are a few blogs I'd hit the 'love' button for if only there was one.

I'm still working on the like button on the sidebar, but well I can't have too much techie stuff in one post right?

Well, I sure hope you enjoy all my techie stuff and just because I'm so nice here is a nice printable for you...though I'm just posting it as a picture so all the printing a such problems/fun is all for your enjoyment :)



{{hugs}}
Buffy

So what do you think?  Have I gone too far with the SMM (social media marketing)?  Or did I finally enter the world as we know it?  Haha, I'm a little silly right now plus I've got a birthday gift and party to get my son too...

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Buffy! It took me forever to figure all that out for my blog. I just got my FB up and running too...come 'like' me.
    --Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.