Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Road Trip...Part 2!

Part two of last weekends adventures!  After leaving The Dalles we headed along the Columbia River and wound our way up to the Tri-Cities.  There was a yarn shop I was hoping to find in Kennewick, unfortunately I didn't :(  Don't despair, because I found someplace just as good (perhaps even better?).  It was a quaint little tea shop where they had every kind of china tea set you could imagine.  Samuel and I were the only customers in at the time so the owner gave us a full tour.

They had all kinds of amazing picture frames, lace table cloths, lace napkins and runners, and doilies...oh, my the doilies.  However my amazement was exponentially expounded when I saw this wall of tea...


They carry 90 different varieties of loose leaf tea in addition to the pre-packed bag teas. They also have every kind of tea infuser you can imagine.  Of course with all those choices I had to pick up a few bags.

I grabbed a bag of Sleepy Time tea (not the Celestial Seasonings blend) in hopes that it might help our dear Thaddeus to go to sleep easier (which it does).  A bag of Orange Vanilla tea, the owner recommended it highly and it didn't disappoint.  I also bought green tea with Jasmine (Husband really likes it) and Cinnamon Plum.  Oh, the teas are so yummy.  He also gave me a few samples too!

 I've already tried the Ginger Peach and know that the next time I'm down that way I'll be sure to pick up a bag of that as well!

Aside from the yummy tea I found this delightful tea infuser...


It is by and large the best one I have ever tried.  You can't really see but it is lined with a mesh fabric and is so fine that none of the loose tea can get through!  It is wonderful :)  The size of course is best suited for a whole pot of tea, but with all those yummy teas I got I'm sure a whole pot is what I'll need!

What is that you say?  Summer is here?  Oh, well Iced Tea is always in fashion.  I am so excited about my tasty tea finds.  The shop was Victorian Connection and if you click on the name you can go to their website.

After the tea shop we stopped at Wendy's for a Frosty and Fries...

Yes a chocolate milkshake is perfect for dipping hot, salty french fries in.  If you have never tried it before, trust me you'll love it.  In fact while you're trying it you should check out my friend Michelle's blog where she dipped potato chips in chocolate!  I've yet to try it, but I will :)

So after Kennewick we hoped back in the car and drove the rest of the way home we only made a quick stop at JoAnn's for their Memorial day sale (I need really exciting things like sewing machine needles and the supplies to make fabric covered buttons).

All in all it was a great Saturday.  I really enjoyed getting to spend time with just Samuel as 1 on 1 time with my kiddos is a rare treat.

On Monday (yes we were a little crazy) we hopped into the Suburban and drove back down to The Dalles to pick up our kiddos.  Husband and all the little ones came along.  Since Monday was a holiday we didn't stop at stores for shopping but we did take more breaks than usual, let the kids watch an ubiquitous amount of DVDs and generally enjoyed each others company.

Since Husband came he did most of the driving so I got to do a lot of knitting.  Which of course was fantastic!  It was so nice to travel without a deadline, without the pressure of getting to your vacation as the drive was the vacation.  I told Husband that we (we being just Husband and me) need to rent a car for a few days and just drive.  Stop where we want to stop, eat when we want to eat, and just hang out without a destination in mind.

Here are a few pictures I got with my phone at a lookout point along the Columbia River...




The weather was perfect for driving, though I did feel a little bad for the wind turbines as there wasn't much wind for them.  I also got a picture of Husband, just to prove that he came along...


Well that about sums up my weekend adventures.  I hope you all are having a great week so far.

{{hugs}}
Buffy

What is your favorite road trip past time?  Games that you play when you're on the road?  Have you ever just driven for half the time of your vacation just to turn around and come home?  I've got an itch to travel the world in the passenger seat of a car...so let's travel the roads together.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get an itch to just go driving and exploring the little towns. There's a magazine called Texas Highways that has features on little spots. BUT I hate being in the car and I have a toddler and a husband who could care less. Maybe in a few years I'll have a chance to go exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That tea shop looks lovely. How excitng to be mentioned in your blog post, thank you! I'm trying not to make those chocolate dipped potato chips again...until I know a crowd is coming over to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, maybe in a few years you'll find a friend and then you guys can go exploring. I haven't always been a car person, but it was very different driving when the trip was the vacation as opposed to driving to get somewhere. Much more relaxed and enjoyable (except for when we had to fill up the Suburban)

    Michelle, you are more than welcome. I currently don't have any potato chips in the house but I do have tortilla chips and I'm wondering if that would be just as good :) And the tea shop was lovely, you can sign up to have a private tea party and they'll bring in sandwiches. You'll have to check it out the next time you head over this direction.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.