Wednesday, June 8, 2011

20-Minute Challenge -- Week Two

Okay, we're starting off week two of our 20-minute challenge and from some strategic planning on my part (aka talking about this endlessly to whomever will listen) we've gained some new participants!  I can't begin to tell you how great I feel about how this has been going.  I just finished up in my master bedroom and yesterday I was able to let my bestie have a look in my room...it was a first for her!  While it isn't perfect it is better and I feel like I'm sleeping better.

I will confess that while it is a fairly simple challenge the word challenge doesn't always mean easy.  Monday was a difficult day for me and was the first day that I didn't want to spend 20 minutes getting rid of things.  However, I set the timer and persevered.  I did feel better when I was done and was happy that I pushed myself to do something I didn't want to do.

One thing that I am discovering while going through this purge is that I need some creative ideas on storing things.  I don't mean Christmas decorations or everyday things but the stuff that I use 3-4 times a week or maybe even a couple times a month.  Stuff that I use therefore I keep but not used regularly.  I have found myself over on Pinterest just searching the mass collection of pictures of great storage ideas.

Source citified.blogspot.com via joshuasprincess via Pinterest

Source via housetohome.co.uk via joshuasprincess via Pinterest
Source goodhousekeeping.com via joshuasprincess via Pinterest
Those are just a few of the pictures that have had me drooling all week!

I know that you all think I'm creative however with all this crafty knowledge in me God didn't bless me as abundantly with decorating ability.  Therefore I copy...and I copy poorly at best.  Yet I strive for better.  I'm hoping that you, my wonderful readers, might have some great tips or ideas for storing things.  Currently my big quest is to find the PERFECT solution to storing all my patterns.  While yes a nice shoe box sized storage bin works for the short term it isn't fabulous because I've started tracing more patterns and making up my own patterns which I use freezer paper for.

Here is what I would love to be able to do:
-store all patterns in one place (I have a lot)
-storage space must be space effiencent
-easy to access
-quick to find what I like

I know it sounds impossible but I'm sure someone out there has faced and conquered this dilemma and I would love to see a picture!  So if you have an idea, have seen something that might work, or want to share your solution to this problem SHARE please!

This week I'm tackling the most feared space of all...the closets!  Yikes!  I am a little nervous and if you don't hear from me in a few days you might want to email me or check my facebook status because I might have gotten lost in the rubble :)

Hope you all have a lovely day.  Keep up with the tossing :)

{{hugs}}
Buffy

What are your favorite storage solutions?  Do you have a storage problem that needs a solution?  Leave your thoughts below and let's help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.