Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Laundry, Plumbing and New Shorts?!?

So the last few days I've noticed that our toilets were making funny noises when the washer drained or the bathtub.  I mentioned it to Husband and he said he needed to get some drain cleaner.  Well, I love my husband and after almost 10 years of marriage I have come to accept that he is forgetful...so the drain cleaner went unpurchased and last night both toilets and bathtubs began filling with umm...back sewage (ick! I know, just be grateful I didn't take pics).

Now, Husband did a fine job of trying to unclog the drains and did a fairly good job, we still have more to go but at least I was able to shower this morning.  The only trouble is that since the plumbing as been a problem for a while the laundry hasn't been getting done...so last night I realized that everyone had clean clothes for today except for Samuel...he didn't have any pants or shorts.  He's too small to wear Lincoln's and too big to wear Vinny's.

So what was I supposed to do?  I guess I could have run to the laundromat and washed a load real quick but I don't know about you but going to the laundromat after dark is a little scary.  I suppose I could have just driven into town and bought something but really I just didn't want to leave the house.  I was in a real quandary here.  Samuel needed something to wear today and I didn't have anything for him, what was I supposed to do?

I made him shorts of course!  Did I pick an easy pattern?  Yes.  Elastic waistband?  No?  Pockets?  Yes! I did finally crawl into bed at 2am, but he had new shorts!


They are a little big on him and I'm not thrilled with the waistband...so I'll take off the waistband and make my own and take it in the 3 inches necessary to fit him.


He picked out the fabric and I have so much of it I can make him a matching shirt.

Here are the deets:

Pattern: Simplicity 5581
Mods:  Left off flaps for cargo side pockets.
Fabric: Upcycled pair of dad's old jeans and cotton fabric given to me by Aunt

The boy loves them (okay, he loves clothes in general) and sister had fun playing with him as I took pics while we waited for the bus this morning



{{hugs}}
Buffy

So was I the only one up late last night/early this morning crafting?  Have you ever made something just to avoid leaving the house at 10pm at night?  I made some iced coffee this morning so lets chat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.