|I just love this picture.|
Now a few detail pics:
Pattern: Blanket Sleeper from the Slumber Party pattern pack by Sunrise Design, which I mentioned in this post
Fabric is from JoAnn's and let me tell you that I really dislike their website...seriously I can never find what I want and often it doesn't work. I was going to link to the fabric but nooo, I couldn't do that. BOO!
Modifications: I always say that I follow directions exactly the first time I make something new but I find that it really isn't true. Ever since I learned how ridiculously easy it is to modify patterns to fit better or to add something you like, I've been a modifying diva making changes without thinking about it really. So in true Buffy form I added the ribbing detail on the sleeves. I totally just winged it by measuring the fabric up to the finished sleeve then cutting so much and then in so much...I would have liked it to be a bit wider but I'm not complaining for this off the cuff adjustment.
Thoughts on the pattern itself. Well it is a bit big, a little too long, which really isn't a big deal since Thaddeus is growing and I'd rather it be too big than too small...or worse only fit for one or two wearings. However, I do dislike the footie part, way TOO big. Either Mr. Thaddeus has tiny feet or the pattern is overly generous in the foot part. I will have to figure out a way to modify it the next time I make it.
Oh and here is an out take collage just to show you how busy this little guy is!
|yes, he is almost always moving towards me taking his picture!|
If the couch in the pictures doesn't look familiar don't worry I've got a post in the works about that ;)
Many Blessings to you all.