Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ooohs and Ahhhs...

Okay so I've been sewing up a storm...well not literally but I think you get the idea.  Yesterday I made several projects all in the time span of the movie Toy Story!  All of the projects required me making up the pattern but I'm only going to show you one today.

However, I'll start with a few other finished projects.  If you remember from this post I had a picture of a new dress I made for Elsa.  Here are a few more pictures her in it.  I had such a fun time making it and thoroughly enjoyed taking way too many pictures of her in it.



The pattern/idea came here from Made.  I love how the peasant style top looks on Elsa. I modified it a little.  I chose to keep the buttons functional so I had to stitch the 1/4 inch elastic in place at the neck line then I sewed on a hook and eye to help keep it closed up.  Also, for the waist I simply stitched and stretched 3/4 inch elastic on the inside of the dress to give it the proper shape.  Then on the front I follow my stitching from the elastic and sewed on the lace.

I really liked how it turned out!

Next up is a project that I got from this book.  I don't actually own it (yet) but I checked it out from the library.  It's called the Not-Ugly-Car-Trash-Bag.  It is wonderful and I love it.



I'm sure you're all surprised that it is orange ;)  I chose to use 2 D-rings for a closure than the patterns recommended closure.  Mostly my decision was based on the fact that I had 2 D-rings already and didn't need/ want to go to into town for something different.

Lastly is my own creation, an apron for Miss Elsa.



I got the idea to use a tea towel from this post but wanted something a bit more fitted.  I found the tea towel at Value Village for 99 cents!  I used the whole thing.  I mostly winged it and I did have to make it while the girly was awake since I needed her close for measurements (you know the hold it up next to her kind of measuring).  I personally think that it is perfect and so adorable!  What do you think?



I did make something else but before I show you I want to test it out.  If I love it as much as I think I will I'll show you how to make it yourself.

Okay, so next time I'll write about how my house purge is going...and show off a few more of my favorite tea cups and mugs.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing what others are sewing! I am making pillows for our room and a dress for Emma right now. I have made the car trash bag that you are showing, (mine is blue's and brown's) and had alot of fun with it too! Love having it in our car. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.