Friday, July 2, 2010

Ahhh, sweet victory!

Finally! I have tried more times than I care to count to post these pictures...however either the internet connection was uber slow or the pictures uploaded in the wrong direction. Both ways left me frustrated beyond words but now I feel that my perseverance was worth it!



Elsa Bear being her normal silly self. She had been looking at the camera just up until I snapped the picture. Silly girl.




So, I'm sure you're all wondering why I posted a pic of my boy's clothes. Or maybe you're wondering why I kept trying to post a pic of my boy's clothes (since Wednesday). Well I'll tell you...I actually accomplished something on Wednesday that was sewing related. MENDING! Not my favorite thing to do but necessary. These articles have been in my basket for a while but in less than 40 minutes I had two pairs of pants converted into shorts and fixed a tiny popped seam in a pajama top and pajama bottom (not a set).

I was so proud of myself (okay, still am). It certainly has motivated me to keep up with the mending. It feels nice to know you've saved some money and it really didn't take that much time.

Today I took all the kids to town, yes all five of them, and we had a decent trip. The last 15 minutes were really hairy but by the time we got home 3 of them were sleeping. Usually I don't take them all out by myself as it is usually just asking for trouble, however I could tell that we needed the day out. The kids had been bouncing off of the walls and I almost called off the trip as I couldn't handle 4 high-energy kids and a baby by myself in town.

I was so glad we went. Our first stop was JoAnn's and the kids were fabulous (okay, there was one boundary tester) and I saw a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months. I didn't find all that I wanted to but I did get stuff for a couple presents. July is THE birthday month and so I had a few things to get to gifts ready. Don't expect to see pics until August as some of what I got was for my sister who's birthday is at the end of the month.

Well, that is all I have for now. If everything goes as I plan tomorrow I should have some finished objects to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.