Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer is Here!


Samuel entertaining Thaddeus outside. So precious!


Lincoln playing with Thaddeus outside.
The boys are really good big brothers.


Elsa and her dirty face enjoying time outside.


Summer has finally showed it's hiding face up here! The kids are absolutely delighted to get to play outside in the sun ALL DAY. Note: they play outside a lot even in bad weather for several good reasons 1) it is good for them 2) there isn't a ton of space in the house to play for very long and 3) they want to.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the summer. I like it because my birthday is in the summer along with 5 other family members. Plus my favorite holiday is in the summer, yeah that's right the 4th of July! I love celebrating independence day with the kids. I try to have some type of craft or project to do with the kids prior to the big day. We usually go up to the lake with friends and spend the day swimming, eating and enjoying the company of friends and family.

This year I am hoping to stay up for the fireworks with the kids. Which means that I have to train my kiddos to stay up that late because it doesn't get dark up here until close to 10pm! Yet it happens only once a year and Lincoln & Samuel really are old enough to really enjoy them. I'm very excited because Josh won't have to work so I'll prep the kids all week by letting them stay up later each night, get them used to resting in the afternoon so that we'll all be ready for the big night!

I did say that I have mixed blessings about the summertime. That would be I'm an indoor kinda of girl. I love crafting and hate gardening. My idea of playing outside when I was a kid was to go to my playhouse. I don't like bugs or going barefoot outside. Not to mention the heat. I really try hard not to complain about the weather because it does no good. My complaining only makes me more miserable and everyone else around me miserable as well.


Also, it seems to me that Summertime runs at a much faster pace than other seasons. I understand that up here in the Inland Northwest we really only have about 8 weeks of summer so I can understand people wanting to soak it up as much as possible but I really do enjoy the nice slow days of winter.


This is probably why this area suits me so well. I get all of the seasons in beautiful display of God's wonder and glory. Yet the seasons aren't an even 3 months each. Winter weather is from November through March (sometimes longer) Spring is April to mid June, Summer is Mid June through August and Autumn is September and October. This I can handle very well.

Okay, so now that I'm in several paragraphs I'm sure you've already noticed that I've changed the layout of my blog. Just a picture into who I am. I'm not flighty (not by any stretch of the imagination) though I do like change...A LOT. I like moving the furniture around (which reminds me I need to do that soon) I change the ring tone on my cell frequently, change my profile pic on facebook a lot. I like to think that this is because I hold onto things loosely, knowing that all I have is not really mine but God's on loan to me. However, that seems less than humble to think and it really isn't true all the time or for all things. But it is the goal I'm working for.


So I have a big project coming up that I am so excited to show you all but there is still a few things that must be purchased before I let on too much. My goal is to have it done by the end of the summer.

As I was looking at the blog I've come to realize a few things....1) I haven't posted anything I've finished lately (which is in direct relation to not completing anything :) and 2) I have completely abandoned my mitten of the month club that I made. Which I'm fine with...I made a few pairs for which I am happy about. I still have all the bags all put together so when I need a fast project I'll be ready.
I hope you all have a blessed day and can enjoy some sunshine, comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.