Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!


via The Futility Monster *


Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope that you all have a fabulous day today spent with family and friends. If you're really lucky like me you'll get to spend it with friends that are family :)

I thought I would quickly post a few things that I love about our country.

1) We're a republic government, which means that the people vote for their leaders then the leaders do just that lead however they don't have to come back to the public to vote on every little issue. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if we had to vote on each individual item of the governments budget? I can see the ad campaigns now, vote for Charmin as the governments toilet paper!

2) Our Bill of Rights! Yes I know I put this before the Constitution, but what I love about them more than the Constitution is what they stand for...compromise. I could bore you with history details, but I'll just leave you with this when they were penning the Constitution it became obvious that they wouldn't be able to include everything in that document but to make everyone happy our founding leaders opted to give up a little to gain a whole lot for us.

3) I love that you can find every social-economic status among our entire country. More than this anyone can attain for greatness if they want.

4) I love that this country is unlike any in the whole world. I must confess I hate it when we're compared to other developed nations because we are so different it isn't like comparing apples to oranges it's like comparing apples to oak trees.

5) Most importantly I love that I was born here!

Tell me what you love about living in the US of A!

*Note on the picture, I don't actually read that blog I just found the picture and wanted to give credit to its source.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.