Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thaddeus Xavier

I can hardly believe it has already been more than 11 weeks since we discovered we had yet another boy! Thaddeus Xavier is such a darling baby, so mild tempered and sweet. He reminds me of Lincoln in that he almost always is smiling but a lot like Samuel in that he eats fast and falls asleep rather quickly at night.

I really wanted to breastfeed him and the Lord certainly blessed me as we haven't had any trouble at all feeding. He eats well and is gaining weight rather quickly.



As I put this collage together I was amazed at how much he has changed since he was born. We're still getting to know each other but there are a few things we know all ready. For starters he hates it when his sister is crying...he just joins in and we get crying in surround sound :) He loves to be swaddled and suck on his pacifier, which has to be a particular style or he just screams. However, the combination of both puts him to sleep in under 5 minutes. Something else we're rediscovering...he's a night owl. If I let him stay up late he sleeps longer and doesn't wake up as often when I want to sleep. He loves Brandon Heath's music and sleeps better when all the kids are up than when it is quiet. Also, as the fifth baby he doesn't mind getting passed around but usually repays me with his 'party favor' status later by being fussy. I think he's trying to tell me "Momma, why did you let them pinch my cheeks? You know I don't like that!"

I think that the biggest surprise for me is that he hates his car seat! If he wasn't so long I might contemplate getting an infant carrier car seat. But alas he'd out grow in such a short time it would be worth the expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.