Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March?!


I seriously can't believe it is March already! This year is moving by fast, but then again I have four kiddos and one on the way (officially due the end of this month). March has been deemed "Baby #5 Prep" month. I'll be finishing up getting the house all ready, collecting my birth supplies and most importantly baby knitting. I've already finished one baby hat (picture at left).

The pattern is available through different places, I got it in Knit It! Spring 2007 magazine, but it first appeared in Susan B. Anderson's book Itty-Bitty Hats. It was a super fast knit, only took me a day, including sewing the petals on. Obviously this is my 'girl' hat so I'll be making another baby hat for a boy this month too.

Currently on my needles is Sam Lamb's Baby T-Shirt Vest. This is a simple top down sweater pattern but converted into a vest, which I love vests for baby's. I love how it has buttons on one shoulder, so it is guaranteed to go over the baby's head. I should finish this up by tomorrow. Which means I'm on a knitting roll and should have my massive list of knitting projects accomplished by the end of the month.

The list includes one more baby hat, another sweater for the baby, and a shrug for Elsa Bear to wear on Easter. When I first realized how much knitting had to be done this month I was moderately overwhelmed, but since everything has been going so fast I'm confident I can pull it off. I also have sewing to do...Elsa's Easter dress, ties for the boys, and some postpartum skirts for myself. If there is time I'll whip up an Easter outfit for a boy & girl just in case this little one shows before that day. So you all will have to check back for pictures of my projects.

I have been plugging my way through Finding Your Child's Way and I really love this book. Dr. Hendrickson does a fabulous job of presenting the facts about children on the Spectrum, but also how she dealt with things. In Chapter 3 she discussed discipline and your Autistic child and what the Bible says about it. I LOVED THAT! It was exactly what I needed to read, it encouraged me that I wasn't 'scarring' my son and that what we had been doing was what we were supposed to be doing. I was so nice to be validated and it will be great to have a resource to turn others to when the question us (if they do). So I'm still recommending this book to everyone.

Well, now it is time to get some homework done, a little cleaning and more than a decent amount of knitting. Have a blessed day and here is a pic of me pregnant as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.