Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Books!

The mail just arrived today and to say I'm excited is an understatement. Last Monday I ordered a couple of books from Christian Books. The first is Finding Your Child's Way on the Autism Spectrum by Dr. Laura Hendrickson.


I have been wanting this book for several months yet timing for the purchase of it hasn't been great until recently. My main reason in wanting the book is that Dr. Hendrickson is a Christian and has a son who falls on the spectrum too. The greatest struggle I have battled since Lincoln's diagnosis isn't finding resources about Asperger's but finding a Godly resource for helping us to raise our son as Godly parents. It is unfortunate fact, but the Christian community is entirely lacking in the Autism area of parenting. So when I find a book I have to read it, because Husband and I are raising our son not just to be a productive adult with Asperger's, but a Godly productive adult with Asperger's.

My goal is to read this book and to also blog about what I have read as I really do want to provide a resource for other parents. So check back to see my progress.

The other book I ordered was don't waste your life by John Piper. Our Adult Sunday School class is reading through this book and discussing it in class. I am excited for this as well. Lately I've felt that the adult class was lacking in practical lessons for busy adults. However, the last couple of classes I have been excited and encouraged by the actual discussion among the adults. I leave feeling fed, that what had been missing was found and my desire to draw closer to God had grown. You may be getting a few reports on this book as well.


The count down to baby has begun (well, actually it began a long time ago but now it is much sooner). 5 more weeks! No, I'm not ready and to be honest this baby can stay where it is forever! I'm sure I'll have a change of heart in few more weeks, but for now I'm just glad to be pregnant and not taking care of an infant. If I can remember I'll have Husband take a pic of me for you all to see.

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.