Okay, so Shannon over at luvinthemommyhood started this and well I'm gonna finish it! Then go grocery shopping :)
* i'm longing to make "a patchwork quilt slip cover for my couches" right now. And by right now I mean yesterday! I can honestly say that I've thought of doing this before but never have and now that I've seen someone else do it I want it too! Problem...I have 1 sofa sleeper couch and 2 (yes two) love seats (though not in the same room) and I can't have them feeling left out :) Mayhaps this will be a goal for 2013?
* i want to try "knitting" with some "quivut" yarn.
* i wish i could sew with "Rockin' Romance" fabric.
* i dream of making "my whole wardrobe". Really I do. Jeans, khakis, skirts, tops, sweaters and of course dresses...lifetime goal here.
* i keep track of my ideas by "thinking about them constantly". No really, I rarely sketch or write out ideas I just keep them locked away in my cute little brain. Some of you might think that's crazy or that you'd forget. I'll be honest I WISH I could forget stuff. A great memory can be a curse...I mean do I really have to remember that the first time I met my husband he beat me thouroughly at tether ball? Or that I'm often the first person to notice and comment on the fact that you have lipstick on your teeth? Yes, all that and more is in my brain (I could even quote to you from memory the due dates, actual arrival dates, birth weights and what they lost in the first couple days of ALL FIVE of my kids)
* i'm inspired by "life". Not just the everything around me sense but the nitty gritty life as we live it. I'm inspired when I see people standing in line at the grocery store, when I'm washing the dishes or even when I'm sleeping (I wake up with the greatest ideas sometimes). I'm inspired to make life not just functional and livable but beautiful as well. I want others to see the beauty in the messes of life.
* i would love to meet "too many people" in person. I have made so many friends through the introwebs that I would love to meet them in person, specifically Shannon, Becca, Kristy and then there's friends I've met through facebook and I'd love to meet them too :)
* my favorite fiber is "wool". Seriously can you go wrong with wool? I didn't think so :)
* i like to sew with "knits". Ohmygosh, favorite thing to work with. I love how everything turns out, how you don't have to hem and well I just love it in general.
* my favorite color is "ORANGE". Enough said.
* i rock at "baby making". Let your mind wander if you will but I had to enter in something funny but exessively true :)
* i would like to learn how to make "the most of my photography".
* i like to listen to "classical music" while i "drive the kids places". Don't get me wrong here I listen to all kinds of music but classical (though I know that word incompasses a lot of music) is the most easy flowing music and the kids and I are always calmer when it's on in the suburban
* i bring my "party self" everywhere. I am a self-proclaimed party in a person. Go ahead, invite me to a party and I promise you'll see the truth in this statement :)
* my favorite thing to "sew" is "women's dresses". My dream is to make custom dresses for women. I'm not into making patterns, sewing for everyone's kids but I love to make dresses and I would love to make dresses for other women.
* my favorite thing to "knit" are "cowls".
* my crafting space is "controlled chaos". Yet I know where just about everything is. The moment I can't find something is the moment I start cleaning up.
* if i had my own crafting room it would have "floor to celing walls of fabric so that I can see and feel what I have". I can't stress it enough when I say I do not live in boxes. I hate that I have to store my lovely fabric in shelves where I never see them. If I see something I want to create. What I would love is to be able to have all of my fabrics out and hanging organized by color :) Someday!
* i sew with "a kenmore". It's old, has only one presser foot and works like a dream. Knits have never had it so good. I got it from my husband's aunt when my Brother stopped working just before Christmas...she's prolly never going to get it back ;)
* i like to "repeat" "the cute things my kids say". Yeah, I'm pretty much a sucker for all the adorbsible things my kids say. Right now on the radar is Vinny's explaination of the alphabet "Momma, Teacher says we have to learn all our letters because it will be in every word we learn to read this year!" i.die!
* i can never get enough "hugs from my love". True story. I love my husband and love it when he takes me in his arms and tells me I'm his whole world :)
* i adore "writing". Yup, I love to write. I write fiction, non-fiction if two letters make a word then I'm there!
* i also enjoy "letter writing" and "fancy lettering". Yeah, I'm kinda addicted to making pretty envelopes. For all my thank you notes I have now started mailing them the old fashioned way and prettifying them up (yes I just made up a word, deal with it). I love getting cards in the mail and you should too...it sure beats bills ;)
* i like to fill my shelves with "pictures". I love having pictures on the walls, shelves, cupboards...well maybe not yet. Pictures of family or cards that I have recieved. Usually my shelves are full of stuff but if I had my druthers I'd have candles and photographs on every open shelf!
* i create the best when i'm "dressed up like I mean it". I ABHOR sweat pants, yoga pants are acceptable for short periods of time but to be completely honest if I'm frumpy my thoughts are frumpy and I hit a crazy road block to creativity. If I really want to make something I dress up, hair, make-up, shoes and usually a dress (though I do have the most adorable pair of jeans I stole for $3). Really, I hate being frumpy so much that I make myself knit skirts for post partum because I can only handle being in jammies for about 12 hours :)
* i am currently excited for "my little girl to start preschool". Yes it is true, my little princess starts preschool on Monday and I am beyond excited for her and for me. For 1/2 a day 4 days a week it'll just be me and the beebs (Thaddeus)...I'm already planning quiet time for him and craft time for me. Can you say HEAVEN? Plus, it doesn't hurt that she is excited too. She's filling out pretend forms for school, talking about her teaching and squealing with delight everytime we pass the preschool. I'm really hoping she makes a best friend in her class this year. We live in a small town and she could easily meet that bestie that will follow her through high school...maybe even college. You all remember those friends right?
* right now i am "test pattern". Hush hush...
* i love to watch "nothing" while creating. I actually can't create and craft, kinda like chewing gum and walking. Don't get me wrong I will knit and watch tv and movies (so long as they aren't action thrillers) but I don't usually sew or create much while watching shows. Mostly because I get too drawn into the shows that I forget to move my hands. However if you want to know my fave shows right now they are "Once Upon a Time" "Sherlock" " Downton Abbey" and I am super excited for "Elementary" that starts this week!
* my guilty pleasure when it comes to creating is "thrift store splurges". Um, yeah I really can't say no in thrift shops, reguardless of how many oversized t-shirts I have at home I really really really need another one at $1!
* my current favorite music crush to listen to while creating is "Sara Barielles Radio on Pandora or Rend Collective Experiment Radio on Pandora". I ADORE Pandora!!! I love that I don't have to listen to just one particular artist but can listen to similar artists too. I get introduced to a ton of new music and my play lists in Spotify keep growing ;)
Well, now you know all about me...I want to know all about you. Feel free to copy and paste this into your blog and answer the questions as you would (not me, obviously I already know me).