Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Truth is Hope

dietliend wolf via pinterest


I have something I just have to share with you all!  Last night as I was frantically catching up on my BSF lesson (follow the link for more information) I read this amazing verse that got me so excited I just can't hold it in.

For God did not destine us for wrath but for gaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:9

Now I've read the entire New Testament a few times and 1 Thessalonians is one of my favorites so this book isn't new to me but this verse is entirely what I NEEDED to read.  What I NEED to share.  You see in our culture my heart has been pounded by all the lies of Satan that he feeds to people saying that we are to hate those who sin.  I'm sure you've all seen the doomsday people yelling, have read their signs of hate and I am saddened to say that I've been at a loss as to what to say in response.  At a loss until last night.

With this verse I have not just the words to say by HIS WORD to say in response.  This has given me such hope, joy and peace.  That is what the truth does...it gives HOPE breathes life into the dying and offers encouragement to those in need.  When you know what TRUTH gives you can more easily see lies for what they are...hopelessness.

Now I'm spreading the truth to you and I hope you read this in full...YOU ARE NOT DESTINED for wrath, not because of what you've done but because of what CHRIST has done...you need only to accept the truth and reap the benefit of HOPE, LIFE & LOVE.

I promise to be back tomorrow with more crafting but with news as exciting as that I just couldn't keep it to myself.  Can you blame me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.