Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Giving

The holidays are more than just giving gifts to friends and family, it is about remembering the gift Christ gave to us by humbling himself to be born as a tiny baby, living a life prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for all mankind.  Thinking about the sacrifice of the gift Christ gave I want to give back to Him out of gratitude and love so we usually support a Tree of Giving each year.

Our church family has a Tree of Giving that helps local Foster care kids have a Merry Christmas.  I won't lie, things are really tight at our house and we're working really hard to curb spending and such, however that doesn't mean we don't have something to give to someone else.  Just a look to my cupboards overflowing with fabric and you know that is true.  I have something to give, my time, my talents, and a little of my stash.

I picked a tag for a little girl of 5 months who needed hats, mittens and socks and wanted a soft blanket.  Well that was a simple enough request...especially for a knitter.  It was a sacrifice of my time and a little sanity because well this needed to be done by a deadline and I have Christmas knitting to do, however it was worth it.  I know that I can't out give God...not by a long shot.  That by submitting to His command to give to others I am trusting on Faith that I will have more than enough time to finish the stuff I want to get done.

Also, before I show the pics I want to make sure you all know that I did not do this for praise of man but to give praise to God for what He has blessed us.  For everything I made I had the stuff already, of the stash I have over half of it has been given to me...so out of my blessings I shared a blessing.  I hope to inspire and remind you that the best way to make Christmas bright for you again is to stop looking at the list of things you have left to do and to look to those who are left for you to do for...

Now onto the pics...


Baby Hat




Blanket

Many Holiday Blessings to you all!
{{hugs}}
Buffy

2 comments:

  1. buffy what a wonderful post! it's true that it's so easy to get caught up in all of the chirstmas hubbub... but knowing that you can give handmade is a beautiful thing. (i think). your gifts are lovely, and the reason behind it is even more lovely. have a wonderful day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Becca! I sure hope your neck gets better fast and you're Christmas knitting isn't too delayed :)

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.