Friday, October 14, 2011

Life Gets in the Way...sometimes

I had every intention of blogging yesterday but an emergency came up.  Elsbeth is a sweet little girl that is until she's not...haha!  She reminds me of that nursery rhyme,
There once was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very, very good
But when she was bad
She was horrid!

Lincoln had done something (probably minor like sitting next to her) and she got mad and threw a toy car at him.  Which of course hit his head.  Causing a large amount of blood, tears, and frustration (frustration on my part).

I quickly concluded that this being a head wound should not be messed with and called the Dr.  He said to come in as soon as I could.  After about a million calls I finally called Grampa to come rescue me.  Because there was no way I could take FOUR kids to a possible stitches appointment (Samuel was at school) besides that Thaddeus was sleeping.  I really tried to find someone close by to come over but it was lunchtime and everyone was out...go figure.  Thankfully I have AWESOME in-laws who not only love their son & grandchildren but me too :)

The official report was that he should have a stitch but since he had a ton of hair (we're behind on the hair cut) and he wasn't super cooperative--odd, since he hates people touching him when he's hurt that'd he wasn't cooperative--we opted for glue.  You know the medical grade super glue?  The kind that doesn't sting :)  Well a few minutes later we were on the way to get an ice cream sundae--maybe that's my problem I reward them for getting hurt?

Overall it was a good day but full of a lot of stress.  Good thing tonight I'm heading up to a women's retreat where there will be a Twilight Chocolate Buffet :)

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  I have some lovely projects to show off to you next week so don't be shy and come back to see!

{{hugs}}
Buffy


I did of course take 0 pictures of the head injury so no pics today just words.  I love my babies so much but especially so when I'm away from them.  Feel free to share what you're gonna be doing this weekend.  If you have an awesome story about stitches, broken bones or just love chocolate please share!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time at the retreat! I love the 'cruise ship' theme! Enjoy!
    Stitches?! Last year was bad when the kids and I took turns getting sewn up! Memories! Next time be sure to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.