Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weigh In Tuesday

{Source Brabourne Farm via Stephane Aarseth via pinterest}
Okay, so since I gained weight last week I snuck in a weigh in on Saturday.  I really just wanted to make sure that I was on track and boy was I surprised to see that not only had I lost weight I had lost 3 POUNDS!  In 4 days, that's almost a pound a day!  Wow!  I was amazed, shocked and estatic!  I was so glad that I did weigh in a little early because I was a little depressed about the minor set back from last week.

That said I wasn't as surprised to see that I hadn't lost any more this morning.  Not that I'm not proud of my achievement.  But three pounds in a week is good weight loss!  Man, losing weight sure keeps you wanting to stay true to your goals!  My clothes are now starting to get even more loose on me.  Soon I'll have to go visit Plato's Closet!  If you don't know what kind of store they are let me explain in brief.  They sell second hand, sometimes new, clothes for those 18-30 or so.  You can bring in your gently used wardrobe and what they take they give you credit for more purchases in the store.  How cool is that?  Tired of your wardrobe?  No money?  No problem ;)  I haven't actually taken anything in yet but I'm hoping that when I need to they'll take some of my things, then I'll buy the clothes they have and then return them when they don't fit and get smaller clothes until I reach my goal weight!

So this week my goal is to break out of my comfort zone and try new low calorie recipes.  I checked out this book Cook This, Not That by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding from the library.  It is full of recipes that are about 350 calories.  Dying for french fries?  Can't handle the 1,000+ calorie price tag?  They have a tasty alternative.  I am going to renew it if I can and if I love it then I'll buy it.  Obviously, I tweak the bread parts for gluten free* alternatives for the boys, but that isn't a big deal.  Maybe I'll go all food photographer on you and take pictures of the tasty meals I make this week.  I went grocery shopping yesterday and my mouth was salivating from all the yummy produce and tasty food that I bought.

{source West Elm via Anna Perkins via pinterest


I'm trying to stick to fairly small goals.  I'm still working on the water, it is definitely a difficult habit to break (not drinking enough water).  Currently I'm waiting to see if my lovely sister-in-law, Becky, can make me one of these lovely bracelets so that I can have a visual reminder to drink water on my wrist.  Plus if she succeeds in making a lovely maybe I can convince her to make another to giveaway to you all!  That'd be fun.

Well, I hope you all had a great week.  Remember next week is picture week and measurements too.  I'm excited to show you a more visual picture of the progress I've made.


Please, please, please leave a comment below!  I love hearing from you.  Even if you're not trying to lose weight, you can write a haiku about your cat or say something about a major goal you've been working towards.  I'd love to hear about what's going on in your life.  Ways you stay healthy and active.  What you're really passionate about.

{{hugs}}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.