Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Goodness! That was easy!

So I'm 4 days into my house purge.  I started in Elsa's room because it has been a storage area for a really, really long time.  I had boxes and boxes and totes and totes all neatly stacked up against a wall so that the Princess would at least have some floor space but really I hardly let her play in her room because of all the stuff.  I think you get the idea.

I've been putting off cleaning it up because it was daunting.  At the beginning of this journey of mine I really thought I would spend almost the whole month purging just this one room (okay, more like half the month) yet now I sit typing 4 days in, 1 hour and 20 minutes of time and I think I'll have it all purged tomorrow.  Tomorrow!  On day 5 not day 15! 

Honestly on Saturday when I posted my idea I was feeling overly optimistic.  I knew I really wanted it to work, I really wanted it to be easy and more importantly I wanted it to be fast.  Yet now I'm writing to say that it is all of the above!  Disbelief is clouding my brain and words aren't fast in coming so perhaps you'll appreciate a picture?


This is the back of my suburban with everything that needs to go to goodwill.  7 boxes, 3 bags of clothes, and 1 portable crib.

In all fairness I will admit that several of the boxes were all ready to go to goodwill in Elsa's room but I had forgotten about them.  Also the clothes were also ready to go but hadn't gone out yet.  Though still, it is an accomplishment that I won't depreciate I just wanted you to know that I really am not such a fast sorter...just forgetful.

So now that you've seen my progress I hope you'll consider joining me because you'll be glad you did.  I just can't tell you how peaceful it is now to go into Elsa's room.  To not have that overwhelming feeling disappear in boxes and bags headed out of my house.  It has been easy, fast and totally worth it!  So come all ready join me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.