Saturday, March 6, 2010

I think I'm nesting...

Okay so let me just start off with my latest and greatest find:

Yes it is a travel coffee mug and I love it! My friend Terri had one, and since the highest form of flattering is mimicry, I had to get one. I purchased mine at Cost Plus World Market in Spokane. I love that it is a) Red (though they did have a green one), b) dishwasher and microwave safe, c) plain, not sporting any brand logo, and d) looks like the disposable paper cups you get at the drive thru coffee stands. I really did need a travel mug, Husband doesn't like coffee and so if I use his travel mug it is strictly hot tea or cocoa, but now I have my own. The lid is silicon as is the cup cozy and the mug itself is ceramic. Very excited to have it no more spilling on myself when I take the kids to school in the morning.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...preparing for baby.

It may come as a surprise to some of you, but I have never had that ultimate 'nesting urge' late in pregnancy. I was ready for Lincoln at week 36, a full month and a half before he came. With the other babies it was the same, I was ready between week 36 and 37 had all my birthing supplies in a box in our bedroom. The baby clothes were washed, folded and neatly placed in a basket or on a shelf awaiting the arrival of our little one. However, this pregnancy has taken quite a toll on me, physically and emotionally. While it is true I am running after 4 older kids, I have struggled the entire time with energy, not even getting a little boost during the 2nd trimester. I'm still dragging myself out of bed in the mornings (and slightly grumpy at that too). Yet yesterday I couldn't sit still for more than 20 minutes, not even knitting kept me down. I completely surged through our bedroom getting it ready for the birth and baby. I still have a few more things left to do, but they are like minor early labor projects, so all I have to do now is keep on top of my clean house.

I am so glad I had that energy yesterday as I was starting to get concerned I wouldn't be ready when the baby was ready to come. Now I'm concerned the baby will come earlier and Gramma & Grampa are on vacation for 2 weeks so they won't be here to watch the kiddos when baby comes. 2/3 of my back-ups for Grandparents are gone this weekend as well, so tomorrow I'm packing the kids overnight bags hoping that with Murphy's Law and all I won't have to frantically find childcare for the kiddos while managing labor.

I did however manage to complete yet another baby project, little slippers from some leftover yarn I got in a yarn exchange.



I think they are the most adorable little slippers/booties ever! They were really quick to knit and the best part is there was no seaming! I only had two yarn ends to weave in the cast-on and cast-off. I seriously can't wait to take a picture of these on the baby.

Okay so here is all knitting info, and the pattern is free for personal use.

Pattern: Magic Slippers by Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer
Yarn: The Alpaca Yarn Co. Paca-Peds, 65% Superwash Wool/20% Alpaca/15% Nylon
Color: Harvest

I finally found a pattern for my last baby project, and Husband will be proud I didn't have to buy more yarn for it...had it in the stash.

Hope your weekend is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.