Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Visits!

Drum roll please…



My Firstborn missing his First tooth!

Lincoln lost his first tooth! I am so glad to be over this milestone. We’ve known for a couple of months that it was coming and to be honest I’ve been dreading it. Though probably not for the usual reasons a mother fears things, no my concern was on Lincoln’s reaction. To put it simply Lincoln does not handle change well, this is partly because he is his father’s son and also because of the Asperger’s.

So for the last couple of months I’ve been regularly checking his lose teeth (yes he will lose another soon…) thus allowing for regular conversation on the topic. Husband and I learned long ago that Lincoln needs lots and lots of prep for big changes (okay even little ones) and even then things can still go awry. This meant that we really had to leave the whole tooth thing up to God and let him prepare Lincoln for the changes in his mouth.

We did all we could and even talked with the dentist and I think in the last month we read The Bearnstein Bears Go To the Dentist an abnormal amount of times. So it is with a grateful heart that I can announce that not only did Lincoln lose his tooth at school, I didn’t get a phone call about it (which I take as a good sign). I really thank the Lord for helping my son and for guiding us in preparing him for it.

I can’t say that he was overly excited about the tooth, but he did bring it home in a tiny chest that we used to help hold it for the tooth fairy. Lincoln still was uncertain about the tooth fairy and what would happen last night when he left the tooth out. Yet I did awake to an argument between Lincoln and Vinny over his quarter that the tooth fairy left him. This leads me to believe that when he loses his next tooth he’ll be much more excited.





I was hoping for a nice smile, but this is what I got!


Side note about inflation: Husband and I agreed that inflation is only applicable to those who understand it (plus we have five children, we must look to the future). Thus the tooth fairy will only be bringing quarters as they are so much more interesting than dollar bills or whatever inflation would be now from when I was a kid.

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny Buffy. I hadn't even thought about inflation only being applicable to people who understand it. What a smart mom you are!

    Unfortunately, my kids no longer believe in the tooth fairy but they still expect the money for the teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Laura...wait they're still losing teeth? How long does this whole process take? We just started with the first and I still have four more coming!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.