Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas…

So I've been thinking a lot about this blog, and how over the last couple of months it has languished. That of course has more to do with my many children than it does with my wants…my ultimate goal would be to have this blog more visible to others on the web and in keeping with that goal I want to go back to my original plan of having a blog that encourages parents in parenting their children with special needs read (in Autism/PDD). I've even been contemplating branching off onto another blog (under a different name) just for this purpose and keeping this blog as a means for keeping friends & family updated on what we've been up too. Of course the dialogue goes something like this in my head:

Me 1: I really want to reach a better audience for Christian parents dealing with Autism, I mean there are so few books out there with the Christian slant on Autism. I know we can't be the only Christian parents struggling with these problems. If I started a new blog I could really focus on it, give it a title worthy of the topic like "Life Under the Umbrella"

Me 2: Are you crazy?! You have 5 children! 1 on the spectrum, 2 with dietary issues, 1 very demanding baby when do expect to do any extra blogging?

Me 1: I know I know, it sounds crazy but it also sounds really cool. I could even go through a different domain like Word Press that is more comment user friendly…then other parents could post comments and help each other out too. I think it could be awesome.

Me 2: Yes I know it sounds great but the time investment…Thaddeus still isn't sleeping through the night and you're running on coffee too much already.

Me 1: Well I still have more research to do. I probably wouldn't start until after the first of the year, maybe not until Thaddeus is one.

Me 2: Are you sure you're just not suffering from blog envy?

Me 1: Probably, but even still it's a great idea.



You get the picture. On a good day I'm convinced not to do it half the time and convinced to do it half the time. I'm still not sure. You can comment below and give your two cents in the debate. I know if I do branch off that I'll focus more on family and crafty stuff here and not so much there. So yes, everyone would still get their kid fix :)

The other reason I'm not sure is that it is November and I still haven't posted about my 31 day purge from August. So I'll give you the brief run down. It really was more like 25 days. I got rid of a ton of stuff, though I still have a long ways to go (read in crafting supplies need to be gone through). However, I have noticed in the last week or so how much faster it takes for me to clean up the house and less depressing it is to be home. I'm not overwhelmed by a bunch of junk so getting up off the couch to clean is easier. Also, since there is less stuff to clean it doesn't take that long.

Back in October I woke up and decided to paint a room in my house, more specifically the utility room to turn it into a sewing room for myself. Now before the house purge being able to do this, by myself with 5 kids at home wouldn't have been a possibility. I would have spent the first 4 hours cleaning out the room just to get it prepped to paint. By the time I actually would have gotten around to the point of painting I would have been exhausted. Yet, since the room was already cleaned up all I had to do was move some furniture around to clear it out, wash the walls and it was ready to paint. Truthfully, I had the room primed before lunch! I think that was the biggest deal to me in solidifying how important the purge was.

I know you're all dying to see pictures and while it isn't truly completed I'd love to share what I have.
Before Pictures

After Pictures




Now I'll be honest and say that I've back slid a bit into compiling things again, so I'm thinking another purge is in order…maybe in January? I think it would be a great way to start off the year. Of course if I really wanted to start off the year great I'd do it in December…well I'll think about and pray about it.

Thanks for being a unwilling ear for my ranting yet again.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same dilemma all the time and I have a blog...haha. I guess the tricky part is editing. It's better to do one thing very well then 10 only haf way. I have to remember this daily. It's all about priorities. Maybe start the new blog with a goal of posting once a week or do posts for both blogs on the same day at the same time and that way you can schedule it in your day. If you want to do it bad enough hun, you'll make it happen :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I've been thinking a lot about this and trying to plan. You are right about doing one thing really good than many half hearted attempts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Really I do. It brightens my day when you comment so please don't be shy and tell me what you think...come back too because I try really hard to reply to your comments here. Thanks again for stopping by.